Monday, February 8, 2016

Graphic Novels.... Coraline

Coraline (Graphic Novel)

By Neil Gaiman




       Coraline the Graphic Novel by Neil Gaiman has got to be one of the best graphic novels every. I am not a fan of graphic novels, but reading Coraline has changed my mind. This novel has kept me glued to the book until I found out what exactly happened.

       Coraline is about a young girl and her family moving into a flat. The flat has several characters living there too. The reader finds out that the house is a little odd. Coraline complains about being bored a lot and has to go out to explore her new environment. On her exploring trip she realizes things are a little different. She soon finds out things aren't the way they seem and must find a way to get things back to normal. She learns that she really is brave.

        This is a great book for struggling readers. It is lexiled at 710, and the pictures in the story helps for readers to visualize the story. Coraline is a wonderful book for those students who would never pick up the non graphic novel version. I can't wait to read the non graphic novel version. I would give this book 5 stars and have already shared this with some of my students who are avid graphic novel readers.



No comments:

Post a Comment