Sunday, February 14, 2016

Romeo and Juliet

Graphic Novel




         The graphic novel "Romeo and Juliet" adapted by Gaerth Hinds is a take on William Shakespear's play. The graphic novel has great illustrations. The pictures are so bold and vibrant that it draws you to the story. The story is true to how it was intended to be told.
          This novel is not for the struggling reader. I wish it could be but definitely would not recommend. The story line is still the same, but the language used is that from Shakespear. There is not a translation of phrases and words to help readers understand the book. I am so disappointed in this, but I would definitely recommend to older students who are avid readers.
         As a teacher, I would not give this to my students. I would do it as a read aloud and break it down with my students. I do love this book and story.

No comments:

Post a Comment