Tuesday, June 23, 2015

I Survived Series


I Survived Series
By: Lauren Tarshis


            This has to be one of my all time favorite series of books. Lauren Tarshis does a great job of hooking readers into reading her books. These short little novels are about major events in history, but coming from the eyes of characters who could of possibly been there, but weren't. Historical fiction as reader teachers call it.
    
          Tarshis has a book for the following events: Titanic, Chicago Fire, The Great Shark Attack, Pearl Harbor, Nazi Invasion, Sept 11, Japanese Tsunami, The Battle of Gettysburg, Pompeii, Hurricane Katrina, and San Francisco Earthquake. The events of the story are true to fact, but the characters are people readers can possibly relate to. The stories are quick reads and very interesting. If you are interested in history than this is the series for you. You find yourself going to find a new book in the series. I can say that this year I had more students read these books than ever before. I was very excited.

          I would highly recommend these books to all readers. I hope Lauren Tarshis comes up with more books about events in history in this format. I hope you enjoy the book trailer for I Survived the Attack of Pearl Harbor, 1941.





,

No comments:

Post a Comment