Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Bluford Series

So I have been reading the Bluford series with my READ 180 students. These books have been in my room for several years. I finally broke down and decided to read the series. Let me tell you it was the best decision I made. Now I can really tell all my students now and in the future about these books. They are really great books. Students can relate to some of the issues that each book portrays. The characters in the books all have contact with one another. Darcy is one of the main characters that definitely represents many of the students in school. I would call this the Sweet Valley High of the 2010. I would say this series is definitely a must for struggling readers who are into high school drama or just trying to find something to connect to, I would say read this series. I luckily have several students reading the series. One told me why did you wait so long to tell me about these books. School is almost out and I don't have the books. Well luckily for them I do have an answer for them. Bluford has the audio books online. It is free and anyone who loves these books can have access to them without having the book. A definite must for all those who are looking for books for their struggling middle school or high school students.

No comments:

Post a Comment